Google Search

Friday, December 27, 2013

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

"If we burn you burn with us."

Katniss Everdeen has survived the Hunger Games twice. But she's still not safe. A revolution is unfolding, and everyone, it seems, has had a hand in the carefully laid plans - everyone except Katniss.

And yet she must play the most vital part in the final battle. Katniss must become their Mockingjay - the symbol of the rebellion - no matter what the personal cost.

I have loved and truly enjoyed every single book in the Hunger Games trilogy and I think it really develops as a story. The first time I read Mockingjay I found it very confusing and hard to understand... but reading it again I properly understood it and it made a great book; it was much better the second time round, I thought. There should be more books like the Hunger Games, it's a truly amazing trilogy! It's sad and depressing but at the same time a really enjoyable book. I think I could read them again. Not any time soon but I think they're the kind of books you can read over and over and over and they never get dull.

It's great fun to re-read them again and re-live all the moments of the Hunger Games. I can imagine it getting as big as Twilight, if it isn't already there. It's sad that it's only a trilogy and there aren't going to be any more. I was compelled the whole way through it, although there were moments I thought I was just going to stop reading it because I had already read it and I have so many other books; I then picked up the book and it was like I wasn't in my own living room anymore - I was wherever Katniss Everden was, I was Katniss Everdeen, The Girl On Fire.

You get so caught up in reading the Hunger Games it's like the real world doesn't exist anymore, the Hunger Games is the real world. And it's very rare to get a book that actually does that. It's very rare to get so lost in a book to the extent that you feel you are actually the one experiencing everything that you're reading. And that's what I love most about the Hunger Games.

I think anyone who hasn't already read them should definitely read them, and anyone who has read them and enjoyed them should definitely think about re-reading them because the experience is just as satisfying the second time round. I would rate the entire trilogy 5 stars!! Without a doubt.

Want to tell the world about a book you've read? Join the site and send us your review!


View the original article here