Google Search

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Nemesis by Jo Nesbo - review

Are the police running out of solutions? They've been through the footage hundreds of times and they've searched for finger prints twice as long asnormal but nothing. Not a hint or a clue, not even a trace of evidence. The bank was robbed with not a single lead to go by. This thief was a pro, however he's not happy with one bank robbery, he's striking everywhere.

This book is about a police officer named Harry Hole who has been in the robberies department for years and knows all the tricks of a first class thief. However this one is different, it was all over in a matter of minutes.

One night, in the midst of the case, he goes to visit an old flame. Little does he know that she 'committed suicide' on the very same night but he doesn't believe it. Suspicion is aroused as the secret gets out, so how will Harry solve the case if the whole town suspects him?

I really got myself stuck into this book because when I was reading it I didn't want to stop but I found that once I had stopped reading it was hard to get back into. Putting that aside, I wasn't quite sure if it was a murder mystery or a detective story but either way it was brilliant. I quite liked the main character Harry Hole as he seemed quite down to earth and natural with a hint of sarcasm and had a touch of cynicism (perhaps a bit too much). However, I didn't hear much of his colleague Beatte Lonn but what you did get out from her she seemed perhaps out of place but nice all the same.

All in all, I think the mystery element was very well set out but dragged on a bit and I found the ending very unpredictable but I wasn't quite satisfied with it. I also found that the real bad guy wasn't found out yet so I'm guessing it's revealed in one of the later books.

Sorry to moan, but it took a while to get into at the beginning and I was starting to have doubts but when you got further into the story it gets more of a grip on your and you feel like you're in the moment looking for unknown evidence.

I love this book and would recommend it to anyone. It has been set out perfectly and is very well written thanks to the author. I'm determined to read more of his books and finish the series.

Want to tell the world about a book you've read? Join the site and send us your review!


View the original article here