Google Search

Monday, May 28, 2012

Five questions for author Justin Halpern

Justin Halpern, 31, author of the 2010 best seller Sh*t My Dad Says, talks to USA TODAY about his second book, I Suck at Girls (It, $16.99).

Does the title 'I Suck at Girls' describe author Justin Halpern? By Matt Hoyle

Does the title 'I Suck at Girls' describe author Justin Halpern? "When I was young. But now I'm married."

By Matt Hoyle

Does the title 'I Suck at Girls' describe author Justin Halpern? "When I was young. But now I'm married."

1. For those who prefer not to use the word suck, as you do, is there an euphuism you can suggest for your title?

How about "I Stink at Girls"?

2. Do you?

I did when I was young. But now I'm married. So hopefully, I don't. Maybe you should ask my wife.

3. What does she think of the new book?

She liked it, except she doesn't like stories from when I was dating other women.

4. And is your dad still your first reader?

Always. He has no problem at all telling me if he thinks something I wrote is terrible.

5. Sh*t My Dad Says flopped as a TV show. What are the prospects of I Suck at Girls as a TV series?

We'll see if the option (bought by Warner Bros.) gets picked up. And if it does, this time it won't be a sitcom with a live audience. I'd like it to be more like The Wonder Years. As a kid, I loved that show.

For more information about reprints & permissions, visit our FAQ's. To report corrections and clarifications, contact Standards Editor Brent Jones. For publication consideration in the newspaper, send comments to letters@usatoday.com. Include name, phone number, city and state for verification. To view our corrections, go to corrections.usatoday.com.

View the original article here